Wanted: Broken Mitutoyo DTI

hvontres

Active User
Registered
This may be an odd request, but if anybody out there has a broken mitutoyo DTI with a 1.3" face, I lost the hand for my 513-252 Vertical indicator while re-tightening the dial to the body. So if anyone has a broken indicator in their toolbox, I would be willing to pay for the shipping to get it out here.

Thank you very much in advance,

Well, the one I had in mind was an Enco branded DTI. I'll keep digging.

Did you try to find the hand using a magnet? The hand is made of carbon steel and will be attracted to the magnet.

Did you try to find the hand using a magnet? The hand is made of carbon steel and will be attracted to the magnet.

No, I hadn't thought of that yet... mostly since I never had a chance to actually figure out what the hand is made of :) I think I'll give that a try. If not, I will try to order one from Long Island Indicator. I am not sure which one to get though. But a least I also need a starret crystal, so the shipping is not quite so bad...($7.00 for a $8.95 part )

I might need to check with them
I have a Mitutoyo DRO that came on my mill thats probably as old as the mill (40+ years guessing)
It worked fine when I first got it then the Y axis quit and a while later the X axis went
The reader scales quick on mine though and when I called about new scales Mitutoyo wanted as much for just for the reader scales as a entire new unit cost so I past on that.

Maybe this place will be more reasonable

RemMax

These are the guys and gals that take care of my stuff, calibrate etc. Great people. If it's Mitotoyo they will have the part. If you are not sure of what part # etc. give them a call. Advice is free.

"Billy G"

Looks like I picked the wrong week to loose my needle :) They are going on spring break next week. I guess I'll hear from them when they get back in town. That will give me some more time to look for it under my workbench.

Back