Wanted: 9 To 13" Home Lathe - 110 Or 220 Power

SDplinker

Registered
Registered
want to start the hobby and looking for something mid-size. Prefer American iron if possible. Something in the 9" to 13" range - 9x20, 12x20, 12x24, 10x24, 13 x 26 etc. I'm located in central coast of CA area but willing to drive up to 3-4 hours for the right deal (have dad's pickup truck).

Thanks! Can't wait to learn and start.

-Casey

Welcome aboard, Casey. Keep your eyes open on Craigs List and ebay, too. Take your time on making a purchase too, and don't be afraid to ask questions - the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Thanks Terry! Thoughts on this lathe???

It's a few hours from me but worth it even if I can't fix it up for a bit? Here's the listing

http://visalia.craigslist.org/tls/4949181552.html

From the owner:

Casey, the lathe is a older model 20 atlas clausing the run out on the chuck is .001-.002 .there is wear on the ways as this is a older machine no serious scores or divets i used this macine for mostly second op .It s not a heavy duty machine but great for smaller projects. there is some back lashbut withall lathes you should allways clear your handles for backlash like i said it woked fine for me . The nice thing about this lathe is its runs on 110 and speed is changed with gravity belts, the hole tru the spindle is 1 1/4 it comes with a 4 jaw chuck and 3 jaw chuck i was given a steady rest for it but never used it it needs to be modified to lock down to the bed , also comes with alive center and a drill chuck that fits in the tail stock, quick change tool holder aloris type and some tool holders for it i have a few tool bits also
Hope this answers your questions
Frank

Back