Want some help learning Fusion 360?

I bought the book, "ASCENT Autodesk Fusion 360 introduction to parametric modeling." It comes with a bunch of GREAT videos. Well worth the $60.

I still got a long way to go but see this book has nothing on making gcode out of the model. Anyone got suggestions on this facet of Fusion 360?

Here's my first model, a guy over on weapons Guild wanted to see a rivet bucking wedge.Capture.PNG

I personally haven't even gone into the CAM portion of Fusion. Even though I do have some CNC experience and at one time used SmartCAM at work I don't own any CNC machines so it is really of little use to me now. I do find the videos on using it interesting though...

Again, our buddy Lars at AutoDesk comes to the aid! Every Friday he does a CAM video. Here's his latest.

I suggest anyone who uses Fusion subscribe to his channel.

There are other sources out there as well. Just Google Fusion 360 CAM and I'm sure you'll get information overload! :)

Great software and the price is right! Free for hobbyist, students and companies making less that $100,000/yr!

Have fun!
Ted

Another great beginner video from Lars.
Ted
I was a little disappointed that he took the easy way out on the lens. It's not hard even for me to figure out how to do a lens-like shape along with the edge profile to fit into the groove on the frame. :)

Back