Want Local File Functionality In Fusion360?

robotwizard

Registered
Registered
Want to be able to save, backup, load, and organize your files to your local machine like other functional normal software without all the hassle and slow upload/download issues buitin to Fusion360 presently? Want more reliable, safe file storage?

Cast your vote and post your comment for Autdesk developers here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideas.../locally-store-all-files/idc-p/6831448#M21855

If enough of our voices are heard this could be included in future updates

I've been looking at the glowing reviews of the product, but the "cloud only" part is a deal-breaker for me.

I've been looking at the glowing reviews of the product, but the "cloud only" part is a deal-breaker for me.

I am no apologist for Fusion, but it is my understanding that you only have to hook up once every two weeks for updates, other than that you can run it without being online.

You can export to your local machine in a number of formats.

I am no apologist for Fusion, but it is my understanding that you only have to hook up once every two weeks for updates, other than that you can run it without being online.
They say you can do that, but I have had lots of trouble trying to start Fusion without an internet connection. It typically refuses to open without one so I need to make sure to start it up while I am connected, and not close it until I will have internet again.

They say you can do that, but I have had lots of trouble trying to start Fusion without an internet connection. It typically refuses to open without one so I need to make sure to start it up while I am connected, and not close it until I will have internet again.
Maybe so. I've rarely tried to start it without an internet connection.
Another thing that concerns me is how long will AutoDesk keep the "free to hobbiest" deal going? I read that they recently had a similar thing going with a cad system to design (I think) circuit boards. They dropped the "free" deal and users were left with only the option to purchase it for big bucks (AutoCad like bucks). What would happen with your data files saved to the AutoDesk cloud in a situation like that? And even if you could retrieve your files could you open them in another program?
I have been using Fusion 360, but can be kinda scary.

Back