VN12 found for sale

toolman_ar

Active User
Registered
I am always looking on CL for old Iron.

Yesterday I found this jewel.

I don’t really have room for it, I already have a B&S No. 2 universal, that is not under power yet.

But I enjoy gathering up projects, researching, and eventually getting something like this back on its feet.

Tell me what you think?

toolman_ar94F6D66B-BA50-4E86-9457-327283865FC7.jpeg10C39047-5C05-48BA-9F2C-5FBD2ABC5071.jpeg38560010-C7D8-4E15-A08E-B1AEC3CA699F.jpeg

Looks like it has the draw bar, belt cover, and the arbor support. The arbor support has the clamp and dead centers also. Sometimes they are missing or damaged. Hopefully you can get the vise also.
Does it have the horizontal arbors and the dead center collets? Any other collets beside the one in the spindle?

gi_984,
I just spoke with the seller.

The fellow that owned the shop was a long time Automotive Engine Machineist.
His wife is selling the contents of his shop. He passed a year ago.

She stated there are several items that go with the machine but she is not sure what is what.

My hope was as this was listed in the Birmingham Craigslist, that the shop was close to me. Turns out the location is near Eufaula, AL. About a 4 hour trip from my house. I am going to see if I can plan a trip this coming weekend to see the shop.

My problem is I don’t have room for any more machines. Time to start shuffling things around to create floor space.

I gave them Keith Rucker’s info so they might get him involved in helping them ID some of what they have.

toolman_ar

Scra99tch,
Sorry I missed your question.

Search craigslist Birmingham AL

The machine is in Eufaula Alabama

She still has her overarm. Collets, arbors, cutters?
If you have a place to squeeze her in and she isn't silly priced, then it would seem to be a easy decision!!

Daryl
MN

Their asking price is $1365.00, and I don’t know what else besides the vise pictured goes with it.

It was his go to milling machine, and his wife said there are lots of extra items. But she does not know what goes with it or not.

I think I am going to pass. Funds are tight for me this month.

toolman_ar

Once the circus paint is removed, that should be an awesome mill. Hope someone gets it, the price is better than a brand new PM25 with stand. Cheap for what you get.

I agree 100%, my problem is I want one of everything.

Just don’t have the fundage at this time. If it was in town or close by, different story...

toolman_ar

Why do these machines never show up around here? We seem to be in Van Normans's Dearth Valley here in the PNW

Back