Vise for Bridgeport

i just noticed those slots tonight - what is tjere purpose?

Thanks
Rick

Kurt sells a stop that fits in that groove. Usually, only one jaw has a groove, most often the fixed jaw.

Those are jaws that come with the newer D688 Kurt vise.

Here's a picture from the Kurt website
thumb.php?img=images%2FGROOVE_1.jpg

Work stop assembly part number WSRL46
It's $14 ( Kurt Workholding has a $25 minimum order, need a rebuild kit for your D60 ? part number D60-KIT both items come to $25 )

Jeff

thumb.php?img=images%2FGROOVE_1.jpg

I have the older Kurt 6-inch with no slot. I made my own stop, but I really like the slot in the new jaw. I guess this will be something I'll have to do without.

I have the older Kurt 6-inch with no slot. I made my own stop, but I really like the slot in the new jaw. I guess this will be something I'll have to do without.

Rick has two and the slotted jaw ( with stop ) is only used on the stationary jaw ( for best accuracy). Maybe you can do a deal with Rick.

Well now that I know wat they are for :) I think Jeff has a good idea - but Jeff doesn't et a sales commission :). Fasyback - let me know if a swap is of interest to you

Rick

Well now that I know wat they are for :) I think Jeff has a good idea - but Jeff doesn't et a sales commission :). Fasyback - let me know if a swap is of interest to you

Rick

No sales commission? Tantrum.gif

Just glad I can help :drink:

Tantrum.gif

Back