VFD Quandry

Kennyd

Active User
Registered
I need a 3HP VFD for a belt grinder I am building. I can get Chinese ones for $120 on eBay, A Teco FM50 for $185, and various others for $200 and up, some WAY up!

I know I would regret it...but anybody have one of the Chinese ones?

I have the Teco FM50 in 2 HP. No regrets. Easy to set up and use.

I have a G.E. vat20 vfd, which is the same thing as the fm50..

I would look at the fm50 or the Hitachi.. I read the Hitachi has a good manual... I have a good manual for the fm50/g.e. vat20

I hear the chinese vfd's have very difficult to understand manuals..

I have one powering a 3hp Simpson muller, got it here http://www.factorymation.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.11/.f, bought another to power a pullmax style machine I am building. I have a few lense's made in the USA but german owned company, people in the US are good, the idiots that run the company I would not pee in their ear if their pea-brain was on fire. Also have a couple of used Toshibas, that act goofy at times, work great most of the time. Still run things off a shop built rotary converter built with a 1930's Crocker-Wheeler 5hp motor and used run caps from junked A/C units. Knock on wood I've had good luck with stuff! tt;)

I bought a chinese VFD off ebay for my Bridgeport. Works fine. I was trying to find an american made VFD, but they are ALL unfortunately made in china now.

Back