VFD from QM

Dman1114

Active User
Registered
Hi all...

I take it the Hitachi VFD is the WJ200?? is that what matt is putting on all his machines?

to those that own them what are your thoughts on the VFD. I'm thinking bought going with the Hitachi or possibly a GS2....

I have several Hitachi SJ200 and WJ200's and have been very happy with them. I have a slight preference for the discontinued SJ's because the control panel is easily moved to a remote location but other than that I find them flexible and reliable.

I also have the WJ200, works very well and recommend it. A bit more complicated to program, but very solid unit. I downloaded a schematic and programming recommendations for the 1340gt in posts here.

Can you program the WJ200 from the front panel? This worked fine with the VFD (not Hitachi) that I have on my CO mill. Otherwise I have to drag my work laptop home to do this... :(

Can you program the WJ200 from the front panel? This worked fine with the VFD (not Hitachi) that I have on my CO mill. Otherwise I have to drag my work laptop home to do this... :(

Yes from the front panel and I also believe there is PC software available. IIRC there is a USB port that provides the communications link between the PC and the VFD. I've only used the front panel so that is why I an a little foggy on the PC\USB\VFD link.

I have one on my PM935 mill and I'd buy another again in a heartbeat. I programmed it from the front, but maybe I'll re-read the instructions and see if I can improve or fine-tune my setup using my laptop now that I have used it for awhile. The instructions are online if you want to get started figuring it out: http://www.today.com/health/happiest-state-america-2D80501602?__source=xfinity|hero&par=xfinity
Matt gave me the basic parameters he programs with and they were an excellent starting point.
-Ryan

Are there functions available only through the pc software?

Back