VFD/Bridgeport issue

Of course use of a pot is up to the individual, but the installation is so cheap and simple theres little reason not to take advantage of it - and I got a feeling you would use it way more than you'd think... A potentiometer from radio shack at less than $10 and any small wire will connect it. That lathe I show in the pic is a Sheldon with infinite variable speed, and I do use it fairly often, but most of the time I just tweak the pot.

WooHoo!!! HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!! It is working!!!

Ok, here is what I think the problem was, and y'all can see what you think. I decided to go through and change all the parameters back to factory setting as indicated by the manual. While going through them, PD004 (Base Frequency) was set at 400HZ when the manual indicated 50 Hz, so I changed it and PRESTO. Now, I did change all the parameters back to factory setting before I tried it, but that was the only one that seemed out of the ordianary.

This fix came just in time, I leave tomorrow for two weeks on buisness, and it would have been eating at the back of my mind the whole time.

I really do appreciate the help, but don't get too comfortable, because next is the wiring for the remote switches, and I am sure there will be some posts asking for assistance on that as well.

PS, Rdhem2, I do only plan to run the unit at 60hz.

Thanks for the info

Whoa!! as soon as I read your fix, I remembered that was the glitch I had with my freqs was in finding that 3rd PD004 setting...

Well that sure explains the noise your heard! Glad to hear you got it running.

Had the same kind of set up on my mill. It has a VFD pre-wired for three phase, I called support and they told me to hook up two of the wires. It has a 3hp motor and they stated that I would get half when hooked up to single phase. Since this is my garage and I am not turning big parts it is fine for me.

Reminder About Treatment of Others on Hobby-Machinist

Reminder About Treatment of Others on Hobby-Machinist...

When I started this forum, it was with the intention of maintaining an educational setting free of derogatory comments, flaming, personal attacks, snobbery and elitism. We all have a bad day once in a while. We all lose our tempers and say or type something we shouldn't have. That's normal human nature! However, should that happen to be "just your style" there are several other home machining forums that will suit you much better. I think of everyone here as friends. In fact, I hope that many of you will become real friends as a result of your interaction here, and many have. Beginner or expert, all posts and replies will be civil and without condemnation. It will be a forum where no member will be afraid to post or ask a question for fear of being called down. All machine owners are welcome. We sell no advertising, magazines, or other projects we want you to buy. All we do on here is discuss machining and related subjects in a setting of respectful co-existence.

This standard is ESPECIALLY expected of moderators. On behalf of The Hobby-Machinist, my sincere apologies.

Back