Vevor 6" rotary - is this vernier wrong or is it just me?

so it looks like you only have 5 marks between each 10, so the 60 seconds would be half way, since each mark is 2 minutes.. Looks correct to me.

I don't know about Vevor being crap.
Yep, I agree. I've purchased two power feed units, a sauna heater, an outdoor pizza oven, 4 machine skates...all exceeded expectations by quite a bit. They have an incredible range of product offerings in very diverse markets. Ship and deliver free in two days. The company is worth keeping an eye on as I'm very curious about their business model and strategy.
Edit: And also got a Vevor ultrasonic cleaning tank, also quite high quality.
Edit: And also got a Vevor towel warmer, again nicely made.
Edit: Ha ha, reviewing this...do I have a problem? :)

Last edited:
Yep, I agree. I've purchased two power feed units, a sauna heater, an outdoor pizza oven, 4 machine skates...all exceeded expectations by quite a bit. They have an incredible range of product offerings in very diverse markets. Ship and deliver free in two days. The company is worth keeping an eye on as I'm very curious about their business model and strategy.
Edit: And also got a Vevor ultrasonic cleaning tank, also quite high quality.
Edit: And also got a Vevor towel warmer, again nicely made.
Edit: Ha ha, reviewing this...do I have a problem? :)
I remember when Japanese things in the fifties as a kid were made with our old cans and things, now look at what they do. Like it or not the same is happening with the Chinese junk we are getting use to. Like it or not it's improving. I don't know if we will ever see made in U.S.A. any time soon. Very very sad.

I remember when Japanese things in the fifties as a kid were made with our old cans and things, now look at what they do. Like it or not the same is happening with the Chinese junk we are getting use to. Like it or not it's improving. I don't know if we will ever see made in U.S.A. any time soon. Very very sad.
I remember in 1st , 2nd or 3rd grade being explained to by the teacher that we are a power house, but just like the English, we will decline, and other countries that were underdeveloped would be on top. It wouldn't be until we were a third world country and our wages slid, that we would again rise. This was early 60s. I remember her explaining it, and it stuck in my memory. I think her prognostication started coming true years ago.

Made a few checks and test cuts. Overall it works well. The bottom may not be perfectly flat, just like most of the Chinese vises, but it is very close. And it is very close to square with the vertical mount. Don't have a surface plate or height gauge so I can't really check parallelism very well. Maybe I could go around the edge with a 3" micrometer.

20240509_074702.jpg

A few areas where the gear train turns slightly harder than others. The backlash is fairly minimal. Certainly not perfect. Hobby grade, but perhaps better than one could reasonably expect for the price.

20240509_075622_02.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. Honestly I don't even know how this is possible but the best I'm able to measure the thing is parallel to 1/2 thou. Somebody tell me if I'm off base on my procedure. Not having a surface plate and height gauge I propped it up on 124 blocks and went around the edge with a 3-4 micrometer. I recorded in 4 spots. Then turned the table 180 degs and near as possible recorded the same 4 spots. Reading in black is 1st, Reading in red is 180 turned.

20240511_091157_001.jpg

Hope that helps for those looking at this thing.

I remember in 1st , 2nd or 3rd grade being explained to by the teacher that we are a power house, but just like the English, we will decline, and other countries that were underdeveloped would be on top. It wouldn't be until we were a third world country and our wages slid, that we would again rise. This was early 60s. I remember her explaining it, and it stuck in my memory. I think her prognostication started coming true years ago.
In the 80's, my workplace held meetings about 'globalization'. The way it was explained to us was - "The USA is going to lose some jobs. Some industries will go to countries that can do it better, cheaper. But, we'll be gaining jobs in other sectors, white collar jobs. The manufacturing jobs will be replaced with service jobs. This will enable these other countries to have more jobs, make more money, raise their standard of living. It will be a win/win situation. We have to be smart, cut costs if we're going to compete in the new global economy". The meeting was concluded with the admonition "The train is leaving the station, get on board, or get left behind".
My first thought was, Oh, we're going to lose jobs that will be replaced with jobs that pay less, and our standard of living will be reduced, but we can take consolation in that we're raising someone elses standard of living. Great!

Sounds good to me, I always wanted to be a politician.

Last edited:
Back