Very Simple Update For My Pm-1340gt Lathe

JimFouch

Registered
Registered
So I recently did a job that required me to reset the angle on my compound a few dozen times. It was a bit hard to read at times, so I got out some black acrylic paint and decided to fill in the engraving for the compound.

I know I could have probably done a better job of getting all the very fine chips out, but I can always come back with some acetone later and redo it.

I think it came out pretty decent.

DSCN1375.JPG

DSCN1377.JPG

DSCN1381.JPG

I should probably get ambitious & do that too. Been busy enough with a motor upgrade & reinforcing the stand last week. Made a small rack to hold chuck keys & the like tonight. Still gotta get the gear oiler mounted & plumbed too. Never ends I guess :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Mark

Seems like we work on the equipment more than we do with it. I keep thinking just a few more.... Seems like every time I start a new project, I need another: tool, accessory, ...……..

I've been waiting for years for Matt to get his cast irons stands for the 1340GT done so I can figure out how to get a set. :(

With the smaller/lighter chucks everything is fine, but with my 8" PBA on there I can get a bit of a 'wobble' at some frequencies. It's annoying, to say the least.

I like the paint idea, but I may have to do mine in red so I can actually see the numbers.

And I still have to make a little rack for my chuck keys... :D

You mean we are supposed to actually USE those numbers on the compound?

:abnornal:

Back