vertex rotary table is here :) pics

Congratulations on the rotary table, looks pretty nice. That's on my bucket list but have to wait for a real project to justify the purchase. Have fun with yours.

Congratulations on the rotary table, looks pretty nice. That's on my bucket list but have to wait for a real project to justify the purchase. Have fun with yours.

Well you need to get one now, so you will be comfortable using it when the project comes along.

When I got my 8" vertex it seemed to have a rough spot when rotating, took it apart stoned the bearing surfaces lightly, cleaned and lubed it operates smooth now.
Then I made a plate for the top with taped and reemed holes to hold work on it, also a hole reemed 3/8" in a mt 3 arbor that fits in the mt3 center of the table for a dowel that locates it with the spindle of the mill, its removable
IMG_0503.JPG IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0511.JPG IMG_0507.JPG
Made the plug to center a spare chuck on it with taped holes to bolt it down .
This makes it easy to setup and clamp things
I also made the t nuts for it

Only problem I found is one T slot is about 10 thousands larger than the other 2 the other 2 only have a coup thousands difference don't know if this is a problem or not ???

I bought one as well with the dividing plates. Haven't had a need to use it yet, but figure I have it when I need it. I am not much for patience when it comes to needing something and not having it.

I like that extra top plate. May consider something like that later on.

There's a series of videos on YouTube by , Stefen Gottswinter, he's a really super machinist German I think ,,, he tares down his vertex and really reworks it to a smooth accurate machine .

I have a 6 inch table that looks just like that. My friend bought it new several years ago and never took it out of the crate. He told me to take it home because he didn't know what to do with it or how to use it. I made t nuts for it as I couldn't find any. I rounded one end of the t nuts I made so it goes all the way into the table slot if needed. I ran into a need for that. The center hole of the table on my 6" is an MT2 taper. I made several MT2 arbors to put in the hole for lining up parts and centering the table.

Back