Vertex Boring Heads

Hmmm.... I have never given ebay my SSN. I refused to give them my phone number too. It has been many years since I have sold anything on ebay though, do they require that information to sell now?
not that i know of till you make over 600 and then they want it. .. not requiring it to sell, but the will ask for the ssn to send you the 1099.. i guess if you don't do it.. they will shut you down.. my guess on that, but then again.. i don't sell on evilbay either.

This is interesting. How will they know how much I "made"? If I have a widget I bought new for $2000 last week, then sell it for $1000 this week I lose money. Im guessing you will have to treat yourself like a business just to sell something. You would need a starting and ending inventory valuation? Seems like there would be lots of variables with this reporting

Oh and as of Jan 01 22, anyone whom makes more than 600 bucks on evilbay, will receive a 1099 from them..

This applies only to business transactions (ie selling as a business), not personal items. You may receive a 1099K but if the sales were personal items then the proceeds are not taxable.

Last edited:
I received this (https://eisenm.com/products/vertex-...c-r8-bc3-i-for-r8-10-220mm-capacity-inch-spec) boring head today. Very nice. What I could not determine from the Eisen website or sales department was direct or indirect. I can confirm that it is direct. I guess I got lucky on the price. They seem to have jacked it up to 385 USD.

What I paid:

Screenshot from 2022-02-28 14-47-12.png

It's impossible to tell from looking at their online pictures but the set contains 5 brazed carbide boring bars (2 w/ 3/4" shanks and 3 with 3/8" shanks), one reduced shank adapter, two 3/4" HSS insert boring bars (long and short), one piece of 1/4" square HSS. All bars and adapter have flats.

I could not detect any adjustment screw backlash using a 1/1000" indicator. The fixed gib is snugged using three set screws. The mandrel is removable.

Last edited:
Back