Van Norman 22lu

r.vial

Registered
Registered
Can any one give me info or tell me were.to go to find info on this mill this is before it was cleaned up. The base says 22LU I can't.find much on it but looked on Google and seen mills just like it it has a spped control on the front and this one is locked up or its all the grim on it that is keeping it from moving any help to in stick it would be wonderful thank u all 72c5f50794210e8500116b2c0944ccf5.jpg

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

72c5f50794210e8500116b2c0944ccf5.jpg

Well you are in the right spot for VN info. Also sign into Yahoo groups and look for a Van Norman forum. There are lots of knowledgable people there also.

Check ebay periodically for VN 22 manuals. There are usually reproduced documentation for sale.

Give it a good scrub down and detesting and you might have a first class machine!

Glenn

I've got one. Are you selling or using?
Regardless, with the power off slowly turn the nob (G1 on the attached pic) on the right side of the ram while simultaneously moving pulling the pin and sliding the lever.
It's all about getting the gears to mesh.
Please let us know if we can help in any way these are glorious machines!

Daryl
MN

Attachments

• gi.pdf
    134.4 KB · Views: 11
Regardless, with the power off slowly turn the nob (G1 on the attached pic) on the right side of the ram while simultaneously moving pulling the pin and sliding the lever.

Daryl
MN
I am going to use it I am working on getting her back up and running again but any help I can find along the way to make this beauty run again is very welcome

Daryl
MN
I can't figure out how to in lock and get the x2 dial moving again any help getting that moving again I would be very great full

The grime on mine required me to take off the entire knob assembly.
Truth is I needed to take mine off anyways (several times), anyway... a little Kroil loosed those knobs up.
It's easy to get the knob assembly on incorrectly, consider using a sharpie to mark the orientation so that the speeds aren't off by 180degrees.

Daryl
MN

The grime on mine required me to take off the entire knob assembly.
Truth is I needed to take mine off anyways (several times), anyway... a little Kroil loosed those knobs up.
It's easy to get the knob assembly on incorrectly, consider using a sharpie to mark the orientation so that the speeds aren't off by 180degrees.

Daryl
MN
Thank u for that heads up I would of probly put it on back words knowing my luck lol I will do that latter after I get home go out and work on the ol girl

I own a #12. It's in a few pieces in my basement. I have broken down 2 in fact. They are very easy to disassemble.

Any updates on this? There are a few 22LU parts on ebay.

Back