Valenite inserts - what is the holder for these?

Will, agreed - I was hoping to do some grooving with it. But I guess I will be abandoning the idea now and moving on to other studies!

Check page 265. You *might* find a Ingersol holder that will fit the lathe and the insert.....

They are TIPV, now....

http://www.ingersoll-imc.com/en/products/CAT-011_T-Clamp.pdf
Thanks EW for finding this for me.

I went thru the catalog and found the Ingersoll holder spec. for the smaller of the two inserts.
The larger insert requires a much larger holder and is out for the BXA size lathe.

The Ingersoll holder for the smaller Valenite insert above and would fit a BXA system. It is Ingersoll no. THL201103 from their Taegu line. Now to find one!

Last edited by a moderator:
That insert looks like one that I use at work occasionally... if it is the same size, Kennemetal still makes the inserts and the holders...

If you can provide a few more dimensions, such as the height and width of the back end of the insert, I can check and see if it is similar to the Kennemetal inserts.

If it is, I may be able to give you a part number for the holder.

I won't be back at work until Saturday night, though...

-Bear

Hi Ken:

I'm trying to identify a discontinued Valenite Insert Cartridge of which I bought a batch, with the intention of using them in a Trepanning Boring Tool and also a Circular Flycutter with multiple indexable inserts. The inserts that came with the tool are square IC 3/8" x 1/8" thick 6 Deg angle no hole. The original recipient or carrier of this cartridge, is unkown to me and all efforts to identify it have failed, including a request to Walter Valenite which did not even merit an answer from them (no comment).
I send you some pictures of it for possible ID. You can connect with me at scrdmgl@gmail.com

Regards

George

Valenite 2.JPGValenite 3.JPGValenite 4.JPG

The insert is a SPG32x.

That cartridge I'm sure is obsolete. Square insert tooling has pretty much been replaced with CCMT or CNMG kind of insert, or "W" trigon style of insert. As for replacement cartridges, I doubt anyone has them or one that is close. Might try Kennametal and Iscar may be another source. Cartridge tooling like this is becoming obsolete with newer technology tooling.

Ken

I've got some of those carts, for 322 triangles, left over from the '70s. a bunch of inserts for them, too, they'r too heavy duty for any work I do. They were used in boring the ID's of brake discs, for the bearing seats. With the two adjustment screws, they're pretty handy.

Back