• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Guest,  We want to wish You and Your Family a Healthy, Happy Thanksgiving! Click the "X" at the top right corner to remove this notice)
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Using Tap-A-Talk ? READ THIS

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Last edited:

wawoodman

himself, himself
Randy,
I just access the site through Safari on the iPad, and Firefox on the desktop.

woodchucker

I have the same problem from the standard web page (using Chrome) Not TapTalk. If I try to attach an image using picture I get the red x. I know the URL is valid as I use that in other forums. But here, I need to upload the file, I can't point to an image bank. I use imgur to store many of my images. I wish I understood why it will not link an image.

Last edited:

terrywerm

HM Shop Foreman
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
I have Tap-A-Talk installed on my phone and use it only to answer messages that get sent to me during the week while I am away from home. I will chime in on an occasional thread through it, but for the most part I avoid it and I always handle serious posts with photos and stuff via the computer at home. Much easier and with fewer problems.

woodchucker

When someone does not use the instructions and we get the red X's I will usually hit reply so I can see the images.
But when I delete the message, it still appears in the reply (unsent and grayed out) everytime I come back.
I have tried deleting it all, then inserting my own text, only to find it is still there when I come back.
Is there a way of clearing a reply so it's gone completely.

dlane

Active User
Is posting pics using tapatalk in the new members registration guidelines ?.

Bill W.

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
When someone does not use the instructions and we get the red X's I will usually hit reply so I can see the images.
But when I delete the message, it still appears in the reply (unsent and grayed out) everytime I come back.
I have tried deleting it all, then inserting my own text, only to find it is still there when I come back.
Is there a way of clearing a reply so it's gone completely.
Woodchucker
Did you get this figured out??? I would also like to know.
Hitting reply to see the "red x" pictures is nice but one does not always want to actually reply...

dlane

Active User
Draft saved , in the little red box that pops up is saving what you typed

woodchucker

Draft saved , in the little red box that pops up is saving what you typed
I want to get rid of it.
if you erase the response, when you come back it's still there. Even if you fill it with spaces.

[6]
5 [7]