Used Kalamazoo bandsaw.what do you think?

I too agree with the others. Replace he wiring, it's cheap enough. Paint.. only if you really don't like looking at it.
Leakage on the cylinder, probably not too bad, but if it is, just get new orings.

Thanks woochucker, it shouldn't be that hard of a job to replace a couple of "O" rings on that cylinder. I also found out the paint on that saw is very close to the original color from the sixties ,the manufacturer used to paint the knobs as well.so it looks like the owner was trying to stay as original as possible.

Thank,mike and mikey,I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, it is in a military base ,the owner is also a military man ,he said, see you tomorrow at 0900 hrs,:), hope he doesn't kick my butt if I decide not to buy it.
Mikey, I do get what you're saying about horizontal vs vertical use, for my vertical cuts I do have a portaband with a DIY Swag table.the portaband is a great saw but it is hard to cut chunks of thick mild steel from a longer stock, also miter cuts are harder to do than a stationary saw.

I'll see how it goes with the sale,wish me luck.

Good luck, Ken! For horizontal use, that is going to be fine saw.

Back