US Machine Tool Co. mill

ebgb68

Active User
Registered
Hello new to this forum and machining . A family friend who was a machinist passed away six years ago . I saw a old mill in his barn and asked his widow if I could buy it and she said it had some issues so she gave it to me. I think she would like it working again and someone she knows enjoying it. I will make it right with her !

It has US Machine on the side and is marked Model V but has Bridgeport head on it ? The motor serial is stamped in the from of the casting ? With the shaft coming out the back I assume this had the motor mounted in the back and was converted at some point ? There is some surface rust on the bare iron but everything runs in and out nothing locked up.
I have some quick picture I took when moving it not great ones I will get better ones up if needed.
20140901_191159_zpsjmbswmdy.jpg
Thanks Ed
20140901_213048_zpstg5xjkoa.jpg
20140901_170704_zpsbutsefeu.jpg
20140901_171105_zpsoxwgibvs.jpg

20140901_171105_zpsoxwgibvs.jpg 20140901_170704_zpsbutsefeu.jpg 20140901_213048_zpstg5xjkoa.jpg 20140901_191159_zpsjmbswmdy.jpg

Last edited:
That's an awesome gift , Bridgeport sold a lot of heads, probably more than full mills ....you find them on lots of different mills...That's a J head people on here told me that is the one one wants...Good score ,you suck

Heckava Score!!!!!
the old mill is solid as can be!
let's hope she's not too badly beat up.

Thanks guys I can't help but stare at it when in the barn. I promised the wife and friends I would get the barn insulated/finished before starting any more projects. I did lay in bed last night thinking about items I need to get started.

It's a bridgeport J2 step pulley head on a USMT miller. Should make a nice machine.

The shaft sticking out the rear of the machine is not for the motor, it is the over arm for the J head that you can slide in and out if you need to adjust the reach of the head on your material. Over all a great score, clean up the rust and get some tooling and get started!!! After you insulate and do what you promised to keep Momma happy!!!

Bob

Back