US Industrial (Import) Bport Copy Parts

mjs408

Registered
Registered
I purchased a used and sorta abused mutt of an import mill from my old job. Its needs parts obviously and US Industrial hasnt been of any help.
I should just need a handle on the X and everything from #7 on the diagram out on the Y.

I have been looking on icai-online.com and machinerypartsdepot.com
Any other place I should look? I know this is import mill and uses both standard and metric parts at random.

PS I know its rough, but for 100 dollars and a case of silver bullets how can i go wrong and the Topaz DRO was included....

1023151317a.jpg 1023151317b (1).jpg 1028151359.jpgmill blow up.png

Some of the import machinery will actually accept Bridgeport components. Do you have access to a BP mill that you could borrow those parts from for a test fit ? BP parts are readily available from numerous sources. If that isn't an option, those parts (1-7) can be made on a lathe (the handles are also available from several suppliers).

Ted

100$ What a great deal! There are several videos on youtube for "putting a handle on things". I wouldn't have passed it up.

Paul

I did some measuring and it appears that the Bridgeport specific parts might work, the lead screws are .625 which is bport sized if my reading is right. Although the jam nut on the end is 12mm. All the adjustment screws are 3/4 wrench. Generic Allen's are all metric. So I'm hoping bridgeport stuff will work.

I plan on buying parts from the website's I listed or eBay.

It looks to be in a bit rough condition, but ya did good for $100 :encourage: That is a nice heavy duty machine.

I think what you have there is a 4VK mill. Made by a few different manufactures an Taiwan and China. The box ways on the knee are the clue. The 3VK has V-ways on the knee. Looks to be a 10x50 table on the pictures. Google ''4VK mill'' and you get a lot of hits.

The problem is figuring out what parts fit because I don't think they ever made two of them the same. If all you need is handles, then anything that is close will work, but you may have to modify them a bit.

It is a 10x50 table. And speaking from experience it's a couple pounds heavier than a normal bp. 3hp motor too.

you still made out very well. I hope the restoration goes well to!

Back