Us Army Machining Course

Us Army Machining Course These are downloadable and saveable PDFs. They are well written and easy to understand. The latest date I could find was 1999, but from the pictures and drawings I suspect they were originally written in the 50's and later copied into PDFs. They don't appear to be copyrighted, besides our tax dollars paid for them anyway, so I would say we all own them.

I hope this helps a few of us.

Outstanding and a great help to those of us just starting out. Many thanks for the post

Us Army Machining Course These are downloadable and saveable PDFs. They are well written and easy to understand. The latest date I could find was 1999, but from the pictures and drawings I suspect they were originally written in the 50's and later copied into PDFs. They don't appear to be copyrighted, besides our tax dollars paid for them anyway, so I would say we all own them.

Shop-Safety

Principles-of-Drafting-and-Shop-Drawing

Precision-Measuring-and-Gaging

Machine-Shop-Calculation

Metal-Properties-Characteristics

Milling-Machine-Operations

Lathe-Operations

Band-Saw-Operations

I hope this helps a few of us.

Old thread I know, but the links still work, and I wanted to thank you for posting these. Even years later, this was helpful!

Downloads with iOS Safari and can be saved to GoodReader and easily recalled. Did this on my iPad. GoodReader is my go to pdf format saver. Works great!

I believe the Navy had a similar course that someone posted here a few years back. Mike

Keep in mind these are a sub-set of the older Army 44E (Machinist) training program.
They shortened and watered down the training when they changed the designation to 91E. It is now just a 13 week school.

I have the complete set, including hand written course notes. Got them the hard way, by completing the then 16 week 44E machinist course at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland.

That is where I learned the importance of "When you hand comes away from the chuck, make damn sure the chuck wrench is in it!". The guy on the lathe in front of me made that mistake. When he turned on the spindle, I got hit in the shoulder with his chuck wrench! The instructor was not happy, neither was I. He wore a chuck wrench on a chain around his neck for a week anytime he was not running a machine!

By that time I had 4 years of metal shop classes in high school (We actually called it "metal shop" back then, didn't need some feel good name for it.) I could have tested out of much of the course but felt that I was sure to learn something additional by being in the course, so I didn't take the test.

Richard

Class projects

44E Course Projects.jpeg

I finished the USN Machinery Repairman a while back, it'll take me a while to get through all of these.

Thanks,

John

Back