Us Army Machining Course

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Us Army Machining Course These are downloadable and saveable PDFs. They are well written and easy to understand. The latest date I could find was 1999, but from the pictures and drawings I suspect they were originally written in the 50's and later copied into PDFs. They don't appear to be copyrighted, besides our tax dollars paid for them anyway, so I would say we all own them.

Shop-Safety

Principles-of-Drafting-and-Shop-Drawing

Precision-Measuring-and-Gaging

Machine-Shop-Calculation

Metal-Properties-Characteristics

Milling-Machine-Operations

Lathe-Operations

Band-Saw-Operations

I hope this helps a few of us.

Last edited:
These are downloadable and saveable PDFs. They are well written and easy to understand. The latest date I could find was 1999, but from the pictures and drawings I suspect they were originally written in the 50's and later copied into PDFs. They don't appear to be copyrighted, besides our tax dollars paid for them anyway, so I would say we all own them.

US copyright law requires that anything written by a US government employee on government time be in the public domain.

Has anybody tried downloading these files? I was able download the first file on safety but each sucsesive file give me an I/O error.

Vlad

Has anybody tried downloading these files? I was able download the first file on safety but each sucsesive file give me an I/O error.

Vlad

I just went through all of them, they seemed to download fine in both Firefox and Chrome. I didn't try IE.

downloaded on IE no problems....Thanks for them

Fellows,

Thank you for your responses.

I did finaly get them all down loaded. Had to use a different procedure but it worked.

Mr. Dawson, Thank your for providing these links.

Vlad

Back