Upper Midwest Scrapers And Rebuilders Hobby Club

Midnight is 2400. :)

Daryl
MN
Daryl, there is no such time, its 23:59, 00:00, 00:01...sorry I had to have some fun with that. It sounds like a great class, I am finding that scraping is very tedius...and the radio does not keep my mind occupied so I am switching off between scraping projects on my lathe to break up the monotony. Tim

A
I am finding that scraping is very tedious...and the radio does not keep my mind occupied so I am switching off between scraping projects on my lathe to break up the monotony.

Completely agreed. I can't figure out how anyone does this full time. Bouncing between projects is essential for me as well.
However, I find it like laying down a TIG pad of beads, simply therapeutic with its quiet predictability. That's not to suggest I do it well - yet.
On the other hand getting the geometry correct is still a wonder to me, and therefore completely engaging!

Daryl
MN

I was going to bring up the bit about there not being a 2400, but thought it best to leave it for someone else to poke you with, Daryl. :D

I have not yet done any scraping, I just ordered a new scraper from Anderson last night. I do suspect that it will seem tedious to me also, but I also know that it does not work well for me to bounce between various projects. I am far better off finishing one before starting another if at all possible. It isn't too bad to have two or three projects underway at the same time, but any more than that is a bad thing for me.

this i one great idea Daryl, i wish i were closer to attend
please do me the next best, show me some pictures from the meetings so that i may feel like i was there by remote...:grin:

I believe that Dennis would find Skyping the sessions fun.
PM if you want his email address.

Daryl
MN

Dennis and I have identified 0900 Saturday February 6th as our first session with February 20th as an alternative “Blizzard Day” option.

I'm praying for a blizzard of epic proportions :)

I won't be home yet on Feb 6. Got my scraper on order. Need to get the cat at the kid's place (Elk River) about Feb 8 to Feb 10. Should I stop by for remedial instruction?

I'm no Instructor!
However, I'll be happy to share tools and what I'm learning.
Monday or Wednesday afternoons would work. I'm in Inver Grove Heights in the morning.

Daryl
MN

Back