Upgrading a Phase II XY table into a precision piece of equipment

I came up with a better setup for marking the graduations on dials. It is faster and more accurate than using the degree wheel (like I used to). I clamped my dividing head on the rear end of my lathe to be able to use the carriage and way indicator to mark the graduations.
dial marking setup.jpg
Since this worked so well, I need to make a mount for the lathe bed to hold the dividing head ( darn.... another project to do)

graduations on  dial.jpg
This is the finished dial (except for the numbers..... they come later)

Well......... I put the numbers on the dials so this project is totally done now. The table is improved greatly with this upgrade. the roller bearings taking the load in both directions makes it smooth and easy operating.
20170621_142747_HDR_resized.jpg
Some day I will make brass gibs and it will help even more, but it is so much nicer to use , I will wait on that until other projects are done.

I have a PDF file of the complete upgrade but the site won't let me upload it, so if anyone wants it, send me your email and ask for it.

EDIT: This file is too large to email and too large to upload here. At the moment, I don't know how to get around this. All info in the file is also in this thread.

Would google docs work? I would like a copy.

As a .doc file it is 27MB and a .pdf file is 33MB. It seems it is too large to send by any means. I am going to see if I can zip it and reduce the size (I have forgotten how to do many things on the computer). Meanwhile everything is in the thread that is in the file. As soon as I can get it smaller, I will post it here.

Back