up in smoke alsgs power table feed problems

BigDon427

Registered
Registered
need help again!!! finaily get back in shop after the snow we had tis winter. got to amite my powerchair did pretty good in some of the snow. but anyway still got my south bend lath that you all help me get power to ,still getting it set up but getting closer ..thanks to all the great info would have burnt up a few motors before I got working by myself.. but to my new problem. I have a wholesale tools mill/drill that I installed a power table feed also an inport it's a ALSGS AL-310S. it's worked fine for few years but I don't use a lot . anyway started to mill a part and put it gear and poof blew a breaker reset and did again so I opened up and found a wire that the shrink wrap wasn't covering wire completely. repaired and put back together.tried to use again it would hardly move and sounded bad (grouling) so pulled brushes one was junk ..found a set I made work. seems like it works fine until I plug in the mill then the power feed hardly works again if I un plug the mill from the wall the power feed seems to work fine again, all speeds work also the fast speed button works great also.then I just plug the mill back in the wall plug ,and feed starts working like crap ...also mill is not switched on, just pluged in wall socket. .. now I just noticed that even when the feed seem's like it's working fine ,it's not it's really working backwards.which I didn't notice till lastnite reason I think this is because when I put in gear and press the safety stop switch it works backwards.. does any of this make sence to any one... sorry about my spelling can't find my spelling check...lol

If just plugging in the mill causes problems like that I would check the wiring and outlets for proper hot - neutral orientation. I assume this is a 110 volt setup?

I use a $5 'outlet checker' that has three lights on it to make sure I have hot, and neutral in the right sides. It will also tell you if you are missing the ground wire.

One of these will do the trick: http://www.harborfreight.com/electric-receptacle-tester-32906.html

and I only picked HF becaue I know their URL's are short. Amazon sometimes are soo long never seen URL's like that..

Another test would be to use a power strip or similar and connect the mill and the power feed into the same outlet.

Sdunt has identified the problem, the only thing I can do is recomend that you unplug your machines and not use them until you get the electrical problem fixed.

Have a good day.

Ray

thanks, for your thoughts on my problem . but I think the problem is in feed motor itself ,Im going to find someone to check it out till then I'll be cranking away which I totally HATE!!!! ,everything in shop works fine except dam table feed. the last time that I was using the feed and it blew the breakers it had to have more damage then I can see .even though it seem's to be working fine it's not it's running backwards.. does anyone have one of these units they want to sell or trade??? thanks Don

Don -

I know it's been a while since you started this thread, and maybe you've traced and fixed the problem by now.

But just in case it's still having problems, I'd suggest going to www.bestlinepro.com for info and help. This is the importer of all the Align power feeds. They're a relatively small outfit (mother and son, as best I can determine) and they've been very helpful to me. If all else fails, you can probably send your unit in for a checkup and repair estimate.

Best wishes!

Don -

I know it's been a while since you started this thread, and maybe you've traced and fixed the problem by now.

But just in case it's still having problems, I'd suggest going to www.bestlinepro.com for info and help. This is the importer of all the Align power feeds. They're a relatively small outfit (mother and son, as best I can determine) and they've been very helpful to me. If all else fails, you can probably send your unit in for a checkup and repair estimate.

Best wishes!

hi, thank you for this info. I've been tied up with taking care of my my mother 24 -7, hav'nt found anyone to check out yet , but this site you sent looks great thanks so much ,I'm going to call in morning . thanks again Don

I've been tied up with taking care of my my mother 24 -7, hav'nt found anyone to check out yet , but this site you sent looks great thanks so much ,I'm going to call in morning . thanks again Don

Very welcome! Hope all goes well for both you and your Mom.

Back