Unknown Bridgeport

Scruffy

Active User
Registered
This mill is on eBay. # 300930417873. It's. 60 miles from home @ I have the equip. To easily move. Might make offer have. 30 hrs. Scruffy

Looks like it's worth trying to contact seller and taking a road trip to look at!

David

Strange when I searched it found nothing. Anyway it's a Bridgeport "M" head on a fabricated mounting. Worth the $500 reserve price. I wouldn't pay much more.

Looks like it's worth trying to contact seller and taking a road trip to look at!

David

You can about the lathe in the background. You might be able to come home with two pieces of equipment. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Easily worth $500.00 I see there is a lathe in the background too....Makes me wonder what else he has in there. Might be really worth a drive. That's an old M head, that is worth $500.00. Looks like it's in good shape too and looks like it has cosmoline on it.. Check and see if they can load it for you. Rich

There is no way to look at it before auction ends. . I can load myself. Big jd skid loader. 24ft tilted trailer. . The machine is in the first 20 or 30. Says500 reserve I don't believe it they can't get a bid and it sounds like they have to move it

Scruffy,
Have you thought about making a trip up to HGR in Euclid, OH. They normally have quite a few vertical mills. I got a 1973 9 x 42 Bridgeport step pulley with a DRO for under $1300 there last year. If you show up with a trailer and cash they'll make a deal for less than the prices shown on their website.

http://www.hgrinc.com/index.do

As others have pointed out ... Its a J hea base, home grown mount and M head.

Keep in mind that its a full size machine to move, with a lil' machine capability due to the head. Small collets really limit you to your tooling....
I think those collets only go up to 1/2". That means no strong r-8 drill chucks, face mills, end mill holders ect ect. You would be better off with a smaller easier to move machine that takes R-8 tooling. If this thing has a reserve of more than the minimun bid its not worth it.

Back