Universal Vise And Tool Rt9-1 Rotary Table

john.oliver35

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hello,

I picked up a Universal Vise and Tool RT9-1 Rotary Table. It seems in good condition, tight and no physical damage except for some surface rust. It does turn a bit tight. I am tempted to take it apart to give it a good cleaning and repacking. I pulled the bottom nut, lockwasher, and dust cover off, and under there is an unsealed bearing. Grease is a bit dried out. I gave the center shaft a couple of moderate blows with a soft dead-blow hammer - no movement. I am guessing that the center shaft/table top is pressed into the bearing. So now I am left with either pressing the table out and continuing my cleaning, or put it back together and hope nobody saw me try to take it apart ;)

I haven't been able to find any exploded views online. Does anyone here have either advise for trying to complete tearing this down, or guidance that I should quietly re-install the nut, work in a little new grease, and leave it alone!

20151102_202327.jpg
20151102_202303.jpg
20151102_202336.jpg
20151102_202310.jpg

All advise and comments appreciated!

Did you disengage the worm gear and take the table lock out?

I had removed the locks, but missed an important point! I had not slid the worm gear mechanism out of the table. I missed a screw located at the red-arrow below. Once I removed that, I could slide the screw out and remove the table from the bearing. Quite a bit of dried grease in there, but no observable wear. Table should perform like new after a cleaning and re-greasing.

20151102_202327.jpg

Back