Unimat DB 200

iron man

Active User
Registered
A friend of mine went to an auction and picked up a Unimat DB 200 Mill/lathe for $15 all complete and running except a lathe chuck I saw one site for a new one for $50 from amtools but I thought I would check and see if anyone here would have one for sale first.. Thanks Ray

Thanks I saw the harbor frieght chuck last night and was wondering if they would unscrew off of the MT1 or MT2 mandrel. I also could use some new drive belts but I think I have found them. Ray

Fond memories...

If you go to http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/ & scroll down the page on the right side you will come across World of Model Engineering for free download. This & some of the other offerings in this section contain Unimat (not sure if DB200 or not) articles.

Way back when (late 1970's/early 1080's perhaps) Rex Tingey wrote Making the Most of the Unimat and Projects for the Unimat (unsure of this one's exact title) & MAP books (think Workshop Practice Series publisher) published Book of the Unimat by Laidlaw-Dickson. I have seen these in passing offered for sale (usually not cheap) on the Internet.

The Workshop Practice Series itself offers a book but it is aimed towards the Unimat 3.

The Compact Lathe by Stan Bray is aimed at small lathes generally; it is not Unimat specific.

I imagine that past issues of Model Engineer, Model Engineer's Workshop, Home Shop Machinist & Machinist's Workshop also have articles but I don't have any specific references.

Thanks I am going to restore it.. well sort of I will make some mods like the two 12mm shafts used as a bed I am using chrome shaft little things like that.. Ray

Back