Unbelievable Craigslist Score, The $95 Air Compressor "it's Alive"

They also have a couple of nice Torit dust collectors and a bench mounted coining/punch press, they want to get rid of. They told me they would get back to me with pricing.
Well, congrats right off for a GREAT score! And best wishes for a couple more to come!!!!

Eddy, Of course you did way better than I did. Great catch.

I finally got the compressor to the shop and all hooked up. It started out looking like it might become a nightmare because at the last minute, the truck I had planned to borrow was unavailable and the deal was I had to get the compressor out of the sellers space that day. So I wound up having to disassemble it and shoving the pieces in the back of my Subaru Outback. It actually was not too bad and it made getting the beast down into the basement shop a lot easier. Although, getting the 300+lb. pump back on top of the tank was a bit of drama, even with 4 guys.
Unbelievably, The machine needed almost no clean up even the belt guard was clean! I decided to do one modification, move the condensate drain valve to the outside of the tank so I don't have to reach underneath to blow the water out of it. Finally, I hooked up the Hunyang VFD, I had been somewhat trepidatious about buying it as it being a Chinese brand. Well so far the drive works perfectly and was easy to setup, I know time will tell but for now I'm happier than a pig in cowpies. IMG_0198.jpg
Oh, I also replaced the air filter...

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

Last edited:
You did well. Great looking unit.
Martin W

Back