Unbelievable Craigslist Score, The $95 Air Compressor "it's Alive"

Eddyde

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I've been searching for an air compressor on Craigslist and eBay for over a half a year, to no avail. I was thinking of giving upend just buy new, as most people seem to want 80% of the cost of new for a filthy, worn-out, junker. Then yesterday I found an ad for a Clean, well maintained, 5hp 80 gal, industrial compressor for only $95 I thought it must have been a typo and they had simply forgotten the zero... But I figured what the hell so I emailed them. I got a callback in 10 minutes and the woman confirmed it was only $95, that they simply no longer had use for it and need it to be removed on a specific date. Of course I was there first thing this morning to pay for it. The lady said she had about 10 more inquiries but since I was first I got it.
Air Compressor .jpg
I guess it just goes to show perseverance can pay off.

Last edited:
Wow, good deal, sounds like it was well cared for also. Good things come to those who wait! See if they have an air dryer to go with it.
Martin W

I’m surprised for a person thinking that price and would do the proper etiquette and wait for you to show up…Congrats! And you also just got on the proverbial “You Suck” line-up.

Last edited:
Wow! Congratulations.
-brino

Wow, good deal, sounds like it was well cared for also. Good things come to those who wait! See if they have an air dryer to go with it.
Martin W
Yeah, they have a refrigerated dryer but are not selling it as they are getting a scroll compressor for their new location and will use it there. They also have a couple of nice Torit dust collectors and a bench mounted coining/punch press, they want to get rid of. They told me they would get back to me with pricing.

I have one like that. Friend and I went into a store and saw it with the wrong sticker on it. It was marked at about 40% of what it should have been. It was the only one and a floor model. I told the salesman I'll take the floor model.

Every once in a great while you get lucky. Congrats on a great score. Mike

Back