• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Ultra-Small Boring Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Moore is a taper fit on the shaft. Yours does appear to be a straight shaft. If you don't have to take it apart, leave it intact. It looks to be threaded on. It's a tough call.

"Billy G"

Bill---well curiousity got the best of me and I was sure it was a threaded shaft--so I carefully put a little twist on the 1" sleeve while holding the boring head in a crescent wrench not to scratch it--well it came unscrewed just like it should--and it does have a short tapered shaft with threads on the end like I guessed----real professionally done----well then I figured I might as well dis aaablade pics 034.jpgaaablade pics 002.jpgaaablade pics 006.jpgaaablade pics 010.jpgaaablade pics 011.jpgaaablade pics 030.jpgaaablade pics 031.jpgaaablade pics 032.jpgaaablade pics 033.jpgmantle the little boring head and take some pictures for you---it was very difficult to get real good pictures but I'll send you nine to look at----sure is a cute little bugger----somehow I think you will be making one like this someday----you definately have the skills and tools and patience----------------------------Dave------------------------:))

aaablade pics 002.jpg aaablade pics 034.jpg aaablade pics 006.jpg aaablade pics 010.jpg aaablade pics 011.jpg aaablade pics 030.jpg aaablade pics 031.jpg aaablade pics 032.jpg aaablade pics 033.jpg

That is one beautiful piece of work. That taper is for a small Jig Bore. Amazing.

"Billy G"

aside from the great write up on the project, I just gotta ask: when you say your allowed an hour here and an hour there or two hours to be in your shop, what is it that you do in your "non-shop" time ? I know its none of my business but im just nosey :)

:lmao: For the most part I am in the shop 80% of the time. The other 20% is spent thinking about being in the shop. It was only on this project that time was limited. :lmao:

"Billy G"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back