Two Cycle, Spark Ignition, Air Or Water Cooled Model Engine

Brian Rupnow

Registered
Registered
Gentlemen--I am looking for a set of plans for a single cylinder, spark ignition, air or water cooled engine, about 1" bore, built from bar stock, no castings. I started modeling the Wombat by Edgar Westbury, but found that there were enough mistakes in his drawings that I gave up on it. I have since found out that no-one has ever successfully built that engine. Apparently it was designed near the end of Mr. Westbury's life, when he was in ill health. If you have such plans as I require, and it is an engine that has been actually built and ran successfully, could you please email them to me at brupnow@rogers.com, or contact me about a purchase price.---Or, if you are aware of any books that carry such plans, please let me know what book it is and where I might purchase it. I promise a full "build thread" if I can run down a set of plans. I have spent 3 days contacting specialty bookstores and searching the internet, and I can not find what I want. I have built ten 4-cycle model engines, most recently a dual opposed single cam engine, very reminiscent of the old Volkswagen beetle engine. Now I want to try a 2 stroke, but not a glow-plug or diesel type.---Brian rupnow

Gentlemen--I am looking for a set of plans for a single cylinder, spark ignition, air or water cooled engine, about 1" bore, built from bar stock, no castings. I started modeling the Wombat by Edgar Westbury, but found that there were enough mistakes in his drawings that I gave up on it. I have since found out that no-one has ever successfully built that engine. Apparently it was designed near the end of Mr. Westbury's life, when he was in ill health. If you have such plans as I require, and it is an engine that has been actually built and ran successfully, could you please email them to me at brupnow@rogers.com, or contact me about a purchase price.---Or, if you are aware of any books that carry such plans, please let me know what book it is and where I might purchase it. I promise a full "build thread" if I can run down a set of plans. I have spent 3 days contacting specialty bookstores and searching the internet, and I can not find what I want. I have built ten 4-cycle model engines, most recently a dual opposed single cam engine, very reminiscent of the old Volkswagen beetle engine. Now I want to try a 2 stroke, but not a glow-plug or diesel type.---Brian rupnow
This is a video link to the two cylinder engine described in the previous post.

Back