Turn your cheapo bandsaw into a Ti/Steel/Alu eating monster

I've never stressed about slow cuts on a horizontal bandsaw. I don't have one at home but used one at work to cut everything from itty-bitty stuff to I-beams. I set it, forget it, and do something else. As long as you're not a jerk with the feed and start eating up blades, I think it's the cheapest way to cut metal in a fab shop.

Good blades are good help but concurrent activity is your best friend!

I've cut things that size on my JET saw and the motor was barely warm to the touch. Was also a dull fine tooth blade with 20 teeth chipped off.....

Don't know why your motor got a fair bit warmer, maybe the coarser blade draws more power?

I don't know if ALL Morse blades are garbage,but some years ago I bought a whole roll of Morse wood cutting 1/4" wide bandsaw blades. We welded our own. Those blades cut so horrible,I threw out the whole roll and got some other blades. Starrett or Lennox. I can't recall.

I received and installed that 7 TPI blade. ALL blades cut better when brand new, but this cut through my 2.375" round aluminum bar (6061-T6) in 6 minutes. That's pretty fast. The best I've seen before was about 8 minutes - but once the blade has cut, say, 6 pieces - that goes down to 10+. It will be interesting to see how this one holds up over time.

No lube, fastest belt setting, almost no counter-spring.

Fewer teeth means the blade WILL dull faster. Can't be helped.

Back