trying to post pic. here.

llarson

Active User
Registered
View attachment 62607View attachment 62607Still trying to get a pic. up, haven't been able to since forum was hacked. I've tried several methods and none will work. Any ideas? Is flickr working here? I also can no longer delete a post. This is really getting frustrating.

I am thinking it might be on your end. I have no problem posting photos as I posted today a few.

Before the hack, I could put pics. up no problem. Now when I'm on this forum only, The internet keeps quitting and I can't get pics. up. "Puter wizard friend thinks it's on forum end. How are you doing the pic. attachment?

no, when I am composing, I use the insert image

but let me check the attachment version

20120923_161520.jpg

both methods work on my end

- Al

it might be your version of Adobe Flash

20120923_161520.jpg

When I use "insert image" or Basic uploader", I hit submit and the code for the pic. flashes up in the message box just long enough to see what it is, then disappears, part of a second. When I logged on a few minutes ago, Internet Explorer quit three times before I could scroll down to this location. I visit two other forums, don't have this problem at all. Mr. Wizard is visiting today, going to have him look at it. Not only did my lamp pic. disappear on the thread, it also went away on the collection of things I have posted in the past. The pic., or code for it, doesn't show up on "preview post" either. I do keep my stuff [Adobe, etc.] updated.

I use Photobucket because it's easier when dealing with many forums.
A lot quicker than uploading the same pic over and over.
Plus a couple of the forums I visit have very small upload limits, one only allows 2 pics total per member for the whole forum so you have to delete one to add another when uploading to their server...... dumb dumb dumb dumb

Finally got my pic. reposted. Mr. 'puter wizard came w/laptop, transferred pic. to it, and still couldn't post it. He edited the pic. and changed it by putting a little black dot in a corner, which allowed the pic. to go up fine. He said there is some sort of corruption in the forum website that wiped my pic., and who knows how many others. When trying to repost the same pic., the system thinks the pic. is still there, [even though it's gone] and won't let it repost. Any sort of change in the pic., the system thinks it's a new pic., and O.K.'s it. Put this up as a solution for anyone else having the same problem. I help w/his mechanical work, he helps us with I.T. stuff that's over our head, good trade.

Back