trouble using the search feature..... Learning how to cut threads.... Help...

Mac_Powell

Registered
Registered
Hello all! Just joined up, obviously..... But, I'm trying to navigate the search feature so I can find some threads about how to cut internal threads and external threads.... Can anyone point me to the appropriate place to find the information I need! I'm working with a small grizzly 7x12" mini lathe, and I need to cut threads for a cap as well as other internal threads... Can someone please pont me to some I formation that will explain to me what I'm doing, not just what to do? I'm inquisitive in life and I can't just use a tool without knowing how it works... It's the curse of a gear head...... Ahhhhh!

Top task bar find Search. In drop window click on Advanced Search. Type in Thread Cutting. There is a lot of info there.

"Billy G"

I did it for you.

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/search.php?searchid=671960

I tried several times to search... I think it's because I'm only on an iPad.... But any which way I try to search, it comes back "sorry, no matches found". Even the link you posted tells me "sorry, no matches found"..... This is strange....

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good hard copy book that will teach how to single point thread internally?

Oh, wow... Those worked..... I'll be busy for a while on some of that info. Thanks for the help....

Mac,
Do a Google search for Tom's Techniques. He has several sections on his website that are very helpful. Under the turning tutorials he has 4 or 5 videos that are the best I've ever seen on grinding a threading tool and then cutting a external and internal thread.

Back