Treadmill Motor Conversion On A Walker Turner Drill Press

against the rules of this forum, he stated his opinion of a staff member on another forum.

well, it's not fixed as it doesn't work again :( Just bought a new controller instead of trying to figure out what's wrong with it.

Finished the front plate and all the wiring that I can do for now. It'll be easier to finish all the box -> front panel connections once the controller board is in place.
View attachment 129576 View attachment 129577 View attachment 129578

made a knock for the speed control and while I was at it, for an LED lamp I made for my wife a while back.
View attachment 129579

loove this panel. nice build sir. just scored and mc-45/45 for free . now... do i use it on my 6" atlas lathe or my delta drill press.... real world problems

I'd put one on your drill press first as you'll get the most benefit from the speed changes, plus changing pulleys on the Atlas isn't as much of a chore as it typically is on a drill press. Quite often I'll drill, countersink and tap on the drill press just by changing the speed from ~1000rpm for drilling down to ~100rpm for tapping. In fact, the only time I've changed which pulley the belts are on are when I've needed to drill big holes in steel or use small end mills in aluminium (when I was using this as a "mill"). The rest of the time the belt stays in the same pulleys whatever I'm doing.

that said, keep your eyes open on Craigslist and you'll see treadmills pop up for free every so often, then you can snag one for your lathe :)

i ordered my display box...and board box...from digikey...all will be painted clausing blue of course..ill prolly do a video for my youtube channel.
have an a small led tach coming. stoked...drill press is def next.

that said, keep your eyes open on Craigslist and you'll see treadmills pop up for free every so often, then you can snag one for your lathe :)
Estate Sales on the last day are also a good source.
Although during the past couple of months folks have been 'buying' them the first day. I wonder if it has something to do with New Year's resolutions?

Back