[Newbie] Trailering My New Mill In Bad Weather

95ttoplt1

Registered
Registered
Heading to Ohio today to pick up my new to me series 1 cnc. We have plenty of straps and tarps ands saran wrap to keep it pretty well protected. It is snowing up there, and I was thinking maybe a coat of wd-40 or similar product before wrapping. Any one been there done that, or have suggestions?

Oil your mill down with an ISO 46 or 68 oil. Not WD-40! You'll have a rust bucket by the time you get home using WD-40.

Nice that's what I was after. Looks like Wally world carries Mobil DTE hydraulic oil that meets ISO 46.

I knew mentioning the worst product for basically any task, would illicit a response! WD-40 sucks.

My daughter and I were drilling out spot welds on her 69 super beetle, about 40 of them. We decided to try every little can of spray magic elixir in the shop and try them out. WD 40 was about the same as water, liquid wrench silicone was so slippery it made it almost impossible to get the drill started.

Not to get off subject here, I have several Spill Mates that I keep cutting oils in. They are very handy when drilling holes with your cordless drill.

Back