Trade taps for ...

JPMacG

Active User
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I just bought a load of taps from a local retired machinist. I culled out what I need and now have the following spares:

1/2-13, 1/2-20, 7/16-14, 3/8-24, 3/8-16, 5/16-18, 1/4-28, 1/4-20, 10-32, 10-24, 8-32, 6-32, and some pipe taps. Most are Greenfield, I think they are HSS. There are taper, plug and bottom taps, also a few spiral taps. Most are lightly used and some may have never been used. I have just one or two spares of some sizes and over a dozen of other sizes.

I'd like to trade whatever taps that you might need for any of the following:

Chucking reamers, most all sizes below 1 inch
Lathe mandrels, 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch
Threading dies, 4-40, 2-56, 0-80, 1/4-32
Morse taper 2 hand reamer (for cleaning up a MT2 socket)

Thanks,
Jon
(revised - traded some taps)

Last edited:
JPMacG
I've got a lot of HSS Bull Nose, Round Nose, and Square End End mills in different sizes to trade.
These have all been resharpend and I don't know who did the work. I have tried a couple of them and they preformed well but if you are open to
trades I would prefer to send you a couple so you can test their performance for yourself.
I would have to inventory to see what taps I need but I have very little in the small number sizes and that 5/16-40 sounds good.
Jim

Pulled the tap out of the mail Sunday but been busy and didn't open it till today. Looks RH .
Will be able to make use of it either way.
Am very happy to have it. Thank you!

Back