Trade Do It Or Not?

Silverbullet

Registered
Registered
I have a chance to trade my new in the crate Harbor freight Green drill mill . The trade is for a small knee mill ,a Jet made in Thailand in 1982 , the cross slide ways look worn but not dinged up light rust on top , the tables clean no nicks or cuts. Motor looks new replaced has dros on it my want , The guy or guys who have it have sent some pics I asked for a closer look at the ways , if scrappings are still visible I think I should go for it . What do you guys think. I don't think I can send the pics, I'm using an old iPad and it don't like me I think. I could forward the email but how do I get them here. Just computer dumb I guess!!!

So I guess you want to know how to post pictures ?
Just click on "Upload A File" Than click on "Chose File" and navigate to the picture you want and click on it.
It will go a lot faster if you resize your picture first. Anything under 1000 X 1000 pixels will do.
***Gator***

Unless she's clapped out, sounds like you are the winner on that trade.

Daryl
MN

I have a 1982 MSC 8 x 32 knee mill that had original (loud) motor, some of the sraping worn off,clean table, power feed, DRO, andno rust when I bought it. I assume yours is nearly same as mine.

I took the whole table knee apart, added some scraping where it was worn, added grease fittings to lube every way surface (using grease gun converted to oil), and added better way locking clamping. Mill is nice now.

I would say go for it.

Back