TPACTOOLS DRO

Earl

Active User
Registered
I could no longer resist the urge and bought a DRO for my Grizzly 4003g 12 x 36 lathe. Anybody here use one of them? I have a Newall C80 on my heavy 10. That is a great system. Impervious to anything except possibly a nuclear attack. I am interested in anyone's experiences with the tpactools devices.

I purchased a three axis DRO from TPACTOOLS for my Grizzly G0619, about 2 years ago, and I could not be more pleased with it. Bob

Another plus for DRO PROs scales.
I have them on the mill (G0755) and the lathe (G0750G).
Bullet proof and exceptional service and support.

+ another 1 for TPACTOOLS.

Have a 4 axis on my mill and couldn't be more pleased. I bought my DRO for my lathe from DROKITS and I think there is some connection of some kind there. The reason I say this is when I got my 4 axis setup from TPAC I received the scales and readers for the X, Y & Z but not for the quill. A few days later I got another package from TPAC and inside was a slimline scale & reader for the quill and it was from DRO KITS but reboxed in a TPAC box.

Bottom line is I've not had a single issue with either unit and would do the same thing over again if I were to need another unit.

My TPAC DRO arrived last week and I was pleasently surprised by the unit. Everything needed to install it was included. I will have to make a couple of bracket but the material to make them was included. I hooked up the scales and turned it on and let it run for about 75 hours. Everything working perfectly. It appears to be a tremendous bargain at $385 delivered to my door. I have a Newall C80 on my Heavy 10. I managed to break the carbon fiber tube on the microsyn scale. I put some epoxy on the end of the tube to keep the balls inside from coming out and in contact with each other. It is just barely long enough to cover all the travel on the cross slide. I contacted a couple of Newall suppliers and foud that the 12 inch rod for the Microsyn was over $250!!! Mine has been working fine for a couple of years with the epoxy so I guess that is how it will stay. If it does go bad, I will probably replace the entire unit with one of the tpactools units.

Earl

- - - Updated - - -

My TPAC DRO arrived last week and I was pleasently surprised by the unit. Everything needed to install it was included. I will have to make a couple of bracket but the material to make them was included. I hooked up the scales and turned it on and let it run for about 75 hours. Everything working perfectly. It appears to be a tremendous bargain at $385 delivered to my door. I have a Newall C80 on my Heavy 10. I managed to break the carbon fiber tube on the microsyn scale. I put some epoxy on the end of the tube to keep the balls inside from coming out and in contact with each other. It is just barely long enough to cover all the travel on the cross slide. I contacted a couple of Newall suppliers and foud that the 12 inch rod for the Microsyn was over $250!!! Mine has been working fine for a couple of years with the epoxy so I guess that is how it will stay. If it does go bad, I will probably replace the entire unit with one of the tpactools units.

Earl

Man these look like a bargain...

I may get one for my g4003g.

Anyone else running one on there's?

I also have the TPAC 4 axis DRO on my Bridgeport. For $575 I'm pretty happy with it. The service the guy gives is outstanding. I sent him an email and in less than 5 mins on a Saturday he replied to me.

I have a post on my install in the metrology forum.

You can't go wrong with TPAC. My experience has been outstanding with them.

Back