Tormach Quality?

I recently received an oxa wedge qctp set. I think it's Chinese , but I like the fit and finish. I did have to rip it down and clean it. Other than that, I like it better than the bostar I got.

I recently purchased one of the 5" vises from Tormach. Pricey but very nice indeed. Even the vise handle that comes with it is impressive! It suits the Charter 12Z perfectly IMHO.

Well, this post had been buried and I completely forgot about it. As it turns out, since then I have purchased one of the 5" CNC vises. I really like it a lot and that is what I am using on my mill most of the time. If I have something too large, I have a different vise which can take it, but hardly ever happens. At the moment I have 5 different vises, and the Tormach is the one I use the most!

I recorded a video where I document a few things regarding this vise and other accessories that go along with it. You can see the video here:

Bill,

I watched a video on Orange Vises on YouTube. They are made in the USA and look really nice but are big money

After asking this question, I found a used 5" Kurt for sale on the board here. It's been working real good so far. Never heard of Orange Vises though, so will check them out if for no other reason than curiosity. :)

Edit: Yeow! Those are definitely big-boy toys. Pretty certain I don't really need one of those, but thanks anyway.

After asking this question, I found a used 5" Kurt for sale on the board here. It's been working real good so far. Never heard of Orange Vises though, so will check them out if for no other reason than curiosity. :)

Edit: Yeow! Those are definitely big-boy toys. Pretty certain I don't really need one of those, but thanks anyway.

Can you imagine tooling up a production line with those puppies! They are pretty to look at though.

Well I sure hope the tormach machinist vice is decent. Ordered one along with my new machine yesterday. I had originally chosen the CNC vice but took the suggestion of a member here and got this one instead. I'm used to my Kurt 6" so hopefully its at least similar quality and function. Cant wait!!! Shooting for next friday May15th for delivery. I plan to take a day off work and have a long weekend to get it down in my basement.

Congratulations on the new Tormach! What did you buy, the 1100 or 770?

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Its a 1100
I went with the stand, full enclosure and PDB. Sprutcam9 5" vise and the starter set of TTS holders.
I am super exited/nervous at the same time which masks the pain from bruises where my wife conked me with a frying pan after she saw the slightly over budget bill I've moved and rigged a fair amount of machines into my shop and each time its been some sort of adventure getting them rigged on rental trailers, drug home, unrigged, dis-assembled and then down to my basement. I will be really happy when everything is down and no damage or issues. I think most guys here who have gone thru machine acquisition, new or used understand the drill. Its fun and exhausting all in one. I have a neighbor who is also a Tormach owner that volunteered to supervise, advise, assist and/or photograph for me on delivery day.

Btw i must apologize for sidetracking the OP's thread.
I should have started a new one sorry. At least its Tormach related right?

Back