Tormach 440 Pcnc?

Cool! Sounds like you are experienced and up to the task. It’s just that you never know what some folks are thinking, and Mr. Safety went off in my head when I pictured you trying to balance a 440 on some sort of lift cart and go up stairs with it! Yikes! Please let us know how it goes.

I know this is off topic, something I tend not to do, but I’m so curious! I am amazed and deeply respect the beasts of our beautiful planet, and some, like mountain lions and baboons are extremely formidable creatures! I mean, even a “little” guy like Rami, is more than capable of defending himself, let alone baboon or a cougar! Wow!

Aren’t animals like that kind of freaky to have around?
Hi grepper,
I guess I have been helping out aniamls since I was a little kid. I find that non- donesticated animals, are not really good pets.
I have developed relationships over 30 years, in some cases.
I do not find any animal I may have around ever odd or freaky, I guess I am so used to them, and they are never exploited or forced to do anything they do not want to.
I have always had dogs and cats, ever since I can remember.
When I was about 10, we aquired a squirrel monkey from a neighbor.
When I found out that they kill the parents, just to get the baby, I felt I needed to do my part for these wonderful mammals. I was driven to do something to help them out.
So, when I was about 25, I got a federal license, and bid on the same monkeys and baboons that the research labs were bidding on.
I outbid as many as I could afford to house.
Then I tried to find some good homes for them, but after a couple years, felt is was not a good idea, as I ended up taking a few back.
All the monkeys and baboons would have had a terrible life.
I somehow think they know that, they are pretty smart. We only give them love, so they are never threatened.
When we had our mountain lion, he used to jump on me to get me up in the morning. Not once, did he ever growl or bite.
He was a beautiful big boy, and very gentle, but playful. He lived out his days with a mate and a private pool that was donated for them.
I have always felt deeply blessed and honored, that these beautiful animals would let me love and care for them.
I hope this sheds some light as to oir circumstances.
Ome

Very cool Ome! Thank you for helping Earth's fellow inhabitants. :encourage::fox:

Mark

Very cool Ome! Thank you for helping Earth's fellow inhabitants. :encourage::fox:

Mark
Thank You Mark, thats very kind of you.
Nature is so beautiful, I wish the only shooting people did was with a camera.
I believe we are all here to help out the welfare of our brothers and sisters, and that includes all living beings, even the trees and plants.
I love seeing people care for these animals who sometimes need our help, due to over population of people, or pouchers killing them for some ivory or a hand.
Very sad, but more and more I meet enlightened people like yourself, makes me smile.
Thanks again Mark.
ome

Here is a side by side comparison of the 440 and 770. As much as possible, I tried to compare apples and apples so, where the 440 included various features and accessories, similar features and accessories were added to the 770.
View attachment 123794
RJ,
I was wondering, can you just choose to use the coversational aspect of the Tormach 440 or 770 to skip the cad software and just use the onboard presets and wizards to draw the part, and send to cnc?
Thanks in advance,
ome

RJ,
I was wondering, can you just choose to use the conversational aspect of the Tormach 440 or 770 to skip the cad software and just use the onboard presets and wizards to draw the part, and send to cnc?
Thanks in advance,
ome

You will need some sort of controller to run the Tormach 770. I believe that that basic package is the machine only. You would add the controller consisting of a compatible computer and software such as the venerable Mach 3. I also believe that Tormach has only the PathPilot option for controller software. Tormach PathPilot refers to conversational operation as running various canned programs. In Mach 3, these canned programs were referred to as wizards. At the current time, PathPilot offers six machining routines; facing, profiling, pocketing, drilling, threadmilling, and engraving. Neither Mach 3 nor PathPilot have the ability to create geometry intenrally.

For simple operations, you can use the jog controls to run the machine like a manual mill. You can also enter g code instructions line by line or compile a list of g code lines and run them as a program. You can write g code offline with a text editor like WordPad or NotePad and send the file to the controller.

You can, of course write a g-code program and load it to run but to do any more complicated geometry, you probably want to use some sort of CAM program. There are a number of free and low cost options available. One of the best, IMO, is Autodesk's Fusion 360 which is an integrated CAD/CAM package which is free for non-business use. It will permit you to design your part, select the machining operations, and create the g code file for the controller.

You will need some sort of controller to run the Tormach 770. I believe that that basic package is the machine only. You would add the controller consisting of a compatible computer and software such as the venerable Mach 3. I also believe that Tormach has only the PathPilot option for controller software. Tormach PathPilot refers to conversational operation as running various canned programs. In Mach 3, these canned programs were referred to as wizards. At the current time, PathPilot offers six machining routines; facing, profiling, pocketing, drilling, threadmilling, and engraving. Neither Mach 3 nor PathPilot have the ability to create geometry intenrally.

For simple operations, you can use the jog controls to run the machine like a manual mill. You can also enter g code instructions line by line or compile a list of g code lines and run them as a program. You can write g code offline with a text editor like WordPad or NotePad and send the file to the controller.

You can, of course write a g-code program and load it to run but to do any more complicated geometry, you probably want to use some sort of CAM program. There are a number of free and low cost options available. One of the best, IMO, is Autodesk's Fusion 360 which is an integrated CAD/CAM package which is free for non-business use. It will permit you to design your part, select the machining operations, and create the g code file for the controller.
Thank You,
That Fusion 360 is sounding better each time I learn something more about it.
I like the idea I read about, and I hope it happens, but a chip will be put into the iphone 7 and it will allow the camera to act as a 3d scanner, and then save the file, and either edit or send to 3d printer, cnc mill or lathe.
Makes me think of the days when color flatbed scanners were 5000. and we took a 3 colored disc and a b/w video camera, and took 3 scans , one in each of the primary colors.
Then straight to software that created a color photo.
Worked pretty good , and we only had a very small amount of ram, and no HD, just 3 external disc drives.
My first mac had a 20 mb HD and 4 megs of ram.
We sure came a long way. Just ramblin.
ome

Back