Top adjustable gibs for 7x12 lathes

Thanks for reposting that info Brian. I appreciate your effort and contributions to the forum.
Bob

Thanks from me brian will have a go at that myself also a quick lock on the tailstock as you have done.
Ian.

Hi all,

I've made this mod in my Einhell (Real Bull) and the difference is amazing. It's important to pay attention to all the details, namely to the positioning of adjustment screws on the front side; I ended up with 2 unused holes that had to be plugged. I also had to grind the top of the half nut besides bevelling the front gib, as suggested. Rather than shape the nylock nuts, I used tit nuts that were threaded through; these are kept in place with contact adhesive, which seems to provide enough friction to avoid unwanted undoing but still allows me to remove them if needed.

José

Hi jose

I am glad you are pleased with the mod its amazing the difference it makes. Feel free to PM me any time if you have a problem that you think that I may be able to help with.
Regards Brian.

HI Ian
Whilst doing the cam lock you may consider the quill mod that I have just posted if it apply's to your lathe.
Regards Brian.

Back