Tooling ID help?

AlxJ64

Registered
Registered
Picked up some old stuff in a bulk buy of dead centers, drill bits, drill bit blanks, etc. Along with it I was handed this interesting set of tooling. The guy said it was something OLD from an aerospace machine shop from back in the 60s. No other information.

are they custom ground broaches? That was my first guess.

0407170654a_zpsq004wxkc.jpg

Thanks in advance!

They are cutters for a Bridgeport slotter/shaper head. Even has the original wooden base. And are worth crazy money too. Good Job!

Last edited:
Sellers on ebay offer those for high prices.
I've got a Slotter for my Cincy Toolmaster. A few parts I have yet to make for her.
I casually looked at the cutters and had decided I was going to make mine because of the silly high prices.

Daryl
MN

They are cutters for a Bridgeport slotter/shaper head. Even has the original wooden base. And are worth crazy money too. Good Job!

Sellers on ebay offer those for high prices.
I've got a Slotter for my Cincy Toolmaster. A few parts I have yet to make for her.
I casually looked at the cutters and had decided I was going to make mine because of the silly high prices.

Daryl
MN

Thanks guys! Yea, I figured they were some form of internal cutting tool. I don't have a shaper head for my Bridgie yet, but I do have every intention of picking one up eventually, especially once I expand my little garage/shop. I have an M-head that I'd love to put a Shaper on the empty spot on the back of the turret ram. I guess I should keep my eyes open for a shaper attachment that is affordable. Thanks again!

Back