Tool Truck Tools

I love the Snap-On trucks. The tools I have from them are a mix of things bought directly and others scored from a pawn shop. Some of the pawn shop scores have been purchased broken. Like a previous poster I just throw my broken tools in the car and wait till I see a tool truck. That said I usually treat myself to a new tool when I am doing a warranty item.

My favorite warranty repair was the largest flat head screw driver was broken. The driver took it put on his glasses gave it a good look and said wow... we better warranty this or you will never get your watch put back together. As he was fixing it he suggested that I might be interested in a set of pry bars. I told him that I had recently discovered such devices and had a fine set from Sears; but that I was having a hard time removing some head studs. As luck would have it he had just the tool for the job. :)

You have had very different experiences than I have with them, I have been told more than once by more than one dealer that if I did not have the original proof of purchase or originally purchased the tool from them they were not honoring the warranty...

If that is their customer support model they can keep their tools, as has been said the bolts don't care what brand is stamped on the handle of the wrench...

My favorite wrenches have JC Penney stamped on 'em (really).

JK

Again back when I was a dealer I had a pawn shop in my territory . I would stop and replace broken tools for them. They never bought anything from me.

I have been a fabricator for 50+ years. I see talk about taking so many tools back for warranty repair . I think you need to use the right tool for the job. I have broke very little tools in my lifetime. When I did I know I was pushing it. If you break it... own it. Don't blame it on someone else. Just my $0.02

Back