Tool Score

How much stroke do you need on that cylinder? I have several new Festo air cylinders in stores. May be a little larger in diameter, but looks about right on the stroke. Might be able to help you out on it.

That check valve/flow control combo.....that from Parker also? I need to repair or replace something like it on an old 9 x 12 I have.

How much stroke do you need on that cylinder? I have several new Festo air cylinders in stores. May be a little larger in diameter, but looks about right on the stroke. Might be able to help you out on it.

That check valve/flow control combo.....that from Parker also? I need to repair or replace something like it on an old 9 x 12 I have.

6" stroke for the 4x6".
Air Cylinder, Double Acting, Round Non-Repairable, Bore Dia. 1-1/16 In., 6 In. Stroke, Nose
and Pivot Mount, 250 psi Max. Pressure, Cushion Type None, -10 Degrees to 165 Degrees F
Temp. Range, 10.6 In. Overall Length, Aluminum Piston Material, Stainless Steel Body
Material, Silver Finish, Aluminum End Cap Material, Stainless Steel Piston Rod Material,
Magnetic Piston No, Tube Material Stainless Steel, Nose Mount Thread 5/8 In.-18, 0.312 In. Rod
Dia., 5/16 In.-24 UNF Rod Thread Size

The valves I used are Parker:
Parker Partrol Hydraulic Control ValvePF200B for the 1/8" npt and PF400B for the 1/4".
Description Value
PRODUCT TYPE Valve, Hydraulic Flow Control
SIZE 1/8" NPTF
FLOW RATE 2.0 GPM
PRESSURE RATING 2000 PSI
CONNECTION In Line
BODY MATERIAL ASTM B-16 Brass
POPPET MATERIAL ASTM 416 Stainless Steel
CRACK PRESSURE 5 PSI
NEEDLE STYLE Tapered
KNOB Knurled Knob
SEAL MATERIAL Nitrile (Buna N)
ADDITIONAL DETAIL Pneumatic Service
TRADE/BRAND NAME Partrol

I used the cylinder from Roy's write up. It was something like $20 from Zoro. I used an 1/8" flow contol valve I originally bought to make a clutch controller for my drag car. Think is was $9 surplus of Ebay.

I have had a saw like that for 20 years. I use it unmodified and love it. It works great even after having fallen off of my pickup truck.

Yeah, this was a great buy. Been using it almost everytime I've been in the shop. I notived there's a little slop in the main pivot but cutting not enough to make a differance in 1 3/4" steel bar. If I was cutting 3 to 4 steel it would not be 90 degree's

Back