Tool Score

Sitting on Blocks Racing

Registered
Registered
I think I did alright. Been looking for a horizontal band saw for a while and couldn't pull the trigger on the HF model. Friend went to a garage sales and while I was looking at his new old Arc welder, he sand the guy had a metal cutting band saw for $50
20160920_183739_zpszzd3bpik.jpg

20160920_183846_zpslgwr1tdf.jpg

Fixed the loose drive pulley, cleaned the gearbox and put some fresh grease in it, and added a new Olson blade and it cut dead nuts straight!

I figure this is got to be better than HF. 8)

Already modified it but i need to take some picts.

Even with solid stock you will find your blade will last longer and cut straighter. You can control the down feed so much better and put less strain on the blade. I made mine for about $10 from a 1 inch by 6 inch long air cylinder and a needle valve that only restricts in one direction ( The down feed side ). Filled it all up with oil and works great.

Order a pnematic cylinder today for the downfeed.

Here's some mods already done
-tool less hold down bolt
-Extended vice jaws, the movable vice jaw slides to the blade
-jackscrew
20161025_155438_zpsxkig2eyp.jpg

Here's another ebay score for about $22 shipped
20161023_171419_zpstpmde4fr.jpg

Made the missing screw for the clamp. Had to be hand made, the thread was .271 x 28
20161027_161623_zpsxwgxdibn.jpg

I have the spring on mine, works great the way it is. And been cutting straight for the last 30 or so years. The worm and sector gearing that it has is a different story!!

WOW Parker. I'll bet the hydraulics cost more than the saw.

Any chance of getting a more detailed parts list and how-to for the cylinder install?
I am wanting to do the same for mine, but am having trouble finding the right cylinder to use that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Back