Tool help/explanation

Well I learned something about the rotary table. It was not made by the same Jet brand I was thinking of. It was made by Jet tools and equipment in Canada. Jet here in USA gave me the number for them. Just got off the phone with them. They haven't made rotary tables for almost 20 years.

I asked the lady if they still had documents and manuals for them. She said they got rid of all old documents about 10 years ago. My Google skills are weak with this one. I can't find a single table online the same as this one. Let alone a friggin manual. Oh well, it still works great.

Here is a link to a discussion about a 10" jet on Practical Machinist, looks like the same as yours maybe that guy has found some more information:
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...y-table-advise-where-get-index-plates-259080/

That looks identical, everything except that it's horizontal and vertical. But that exactly the same thing. I will read more on the link when I get a chance. Thanks for finding that!

My pleasure. I'll keep on looking for you.

Roy

Got to reading that thread you posted. That rotary table is actually a little different based on the casting. But it is for sure from the same manufacturer.

First tool. Indeed, looks like a hollow ID mike. The top piece is a handle, Not sure what the needle is for, the second row middle is an end button that screws on the 1" ID mike on the right. It has empty threads on its right end. Each of the next 5 pieces screw onto that right end, giving various diameters that can be miked. Ideally it should be calibrated before use, but if you can check against a known diameter, you're good to go.
I believe that the needle looking piece is an edge on view of a hook spanner for assembly.

Back