Tool Engineers Handbook

Charles Spencer

Active User
Registered
I was out with the family and we stopped to browse in an old book store. I came across the TOOL ENGINEERS HANDBOOK, by the American Society of Tool Engineers Hand Book Committee, McGraw Hill 1949.

This has got to be one of the more exhaustive reference books I've seen. It runs a little over 2,000 pages and 115 chapters. The chapters have different authors and were apparently peer reviewed. The credentials of some of these authors were rather impressive:

22. Sand Casting, SC Massari, Technical Director, American Foundrymen's Association
39. Drilling, Reaming, and Counterboring, Anthony Snyder, Works Manager, Morse Twist Drill & Machine Company
46. Gear Finishing, Richard Kegg, Gear Laboratory, General Motors
etc.

I searched and found several copies on the internet at reasonable prices (I paid $11.00 for mine). It will go right next to Machinery's Handbook in my shop.

Charles
tool book.JPG

Used to have two of them over the years. One of them is about as old as yours is, the other is much newer, around 1978. I believe my brother has one of them, the other, I'll have to go look for it, not sure where it is.

Back