Too many

Continuing on with “too many” or in this case out with the old in with much better. My wife came back from a short walk telling me a neighbor was headed down to the “free” corner where neighbors in our little development put out the good stuff for neighbors to pick up. She thought it looked mighty nice and I better go look. As usual she was right. So I took the new one and ended up giving my old/cheap one to my neighbor and his dad. Win win.
Man, all the fun of buying brand new without worrying about what it cost or where you are going to store it. And helping a neighbor out along the way! You must be living right.............

You must be living right.............
I must. Stuff just keeps showing up. Had a neighbor want to give me a Lincoln tombstone stick welder and a Craftsman floor standing drill press. Both almost new. Not enough need and not enough room. The latest acquisition is really a deluxe kit that is basically unused. He has several kit tools like that I’ve borrowed like a 1/2” impact drill and an angle head 3/8” drill. I use them more than him which so far is once :) he just decided he needed more room in his stuffed garage and I happened to be there when it was going out to the “free” curb. And as my wife was taking the other unit to the free curb, she bumped into the neighbor with the son who I try to supply with my overages. It would seem there are more tools than real users in this area.

Stuff just keeps showing up.
Good stuff at that! I have stuff that shows up, but its usually from peoples "BUT collection".
You know what I'm talking about:
"This is a good lawn mower BUT it wont start.
"This has been a great drill BUT it wont hold bits.
"These are hi dollar wrenches BUT 1/2",9/16",5/8" are missing"..............
I could go on.

Great socket set BUT it's missing the 10 mm!

"BUT collection".
Was the story of my life until a couple of years ago. It has me worried I’ve hit that zone where I don’t absolutely NEED it, and the end of the road where I might not want to use it is possible. So stuff just keeps falling into my lap. Needless to say the neighbor was shocked I’d turn down a buzz box and a drill press!

Back