IMG_6481_zps1tme8chg.jpg
IMG_6476_zps6ir0lk22.jpg
IMG_6474_zpsijgoxrbe.jpg
IMG_6477_zpsp485chic.jpg
IMG_6475_zps9do12c5u.jpg
IMG_6469_zpsrw1sp0bp.jpg
IMG_6472_zpspxpe85t0.jpg
IMG_6473_zpsqqtqrkqz.jpg

As you can see, I have not even gone through all of it yet. What you see is almost all USA, new, or like new drills, taps, end mills, lots of tool steel (mostly cobalt) and Starrett, Brown and Sharp.....all good stuff. The toolboxes are a mix of Kennedy and Craftsman back when they were made by the same factory. Got keys to everything, and there is still some stuff in the boxes. There is a smattering of misc raw materials also mixed in. Not much, but some copper and good tool steel. Price? I can't tell ya, you guys would send the cops down here.

Hope these pics work, I couldn't get our uploader to cooperate, so I went to my photobucket account. If they don't, bear with me and I'll get them up somehow.

Oh, and he has mics too, but I didn't need them. Starrett 436 for the most part. We're negotiating on some gear measuring instruments now.

I hear the word "suck" in your future.

Tom S.

Yeah, and here it is ...

:you suck:

Wow, Tony, awesome score!

Wow, that's a find of a lifetime! What condition are the boxes in?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Boxes are in what I would call good to very good. They are dirty, but nothing that I can't clean off, I believe. The wheels on the roll around are the wide, heavy duty version and they are not full of chips. In fact they have almost no chips picked up. This guy stayed put most of the time, and said they had a full time cleaning crew. He worked at a GE plant where they built and rebuilt locomotives. There are some Pittsburgh Steeler stickers on them, but I may leave them. They been there a while and might take the paint off if I remove them.
Have all the original keys, and all the locks work as they should. That's not a big deal to me, in my own shop, but it shows his care of his tools. The tools and instruments are immaculate. He's going to put everything I didn't take in the garage sale. I'm tempted to go back and get the rest of it just because it will be cheap. Some of you guys could probably use some of the stuff I left behind simply because I already have 2 or 3 of. He also gave me some custom gages that were used to gage wear on certain parts of the truck axles, but I won't have any use for them. One is in a nice custom wooden box that I believe will house one of my boring heads with very little modification. The gages are hardened, but machinable, so I can always make some other gage or something out of them.

Oh, and he has mics too, but I didn't need them
So when did "need" ever count for anything? I'm sure you don't need most of that stuff!!! Send it my way!
Nice haul. We're gonna have to hear that price though...no getting outa it.

Back